Social Work Support

HOPES South & North

Our goal is to support you by creating a safe space for you, providing therapeutic interventions,
and helping you find the right resources when you need them.

You might consider accessing School Social Work Service if your academic achievement is being affected by concerns like:

What can your School Social Worker do for you? 

With your permission, and in a safe, non-judgmental, and confidential space, your School Social Worker can:

What if Social Work support is suggested but you don’t really want it?

School Social Workers do provide a wide range of service to many students.  However, not every student needs a School Social Worker.  You may feel that you already have everyone you need in your circle.  You may already be working with a counsellor in the community.  You may have tried counselling and found it just wasn’t for you or maybe the timing just isn’t right. You know your situation best. 

Connecting with your School Social Worker


For self-referrals to the HOPES South Social Worker please contact:

Jeff Von Zuben, MSW, RSW

School Social Worker
Pronouns: he/him/his
Office Phone Number: 905-632-2944 ext 152
Cell Phone Number: 905-749-4706


For self-referrals to the HOPES North Social Worker please contact:

Danielle Budd, MSW, RSW

School Social Worker
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Office Phone: 905-878-2244 ext 241

Cell Phone:  905-749-0167

Please note that the Social Workers' emails and phone numbers are only monitored during working hours.  Please do not leave any urgent messages.

If you are in distress and need to talk, please contact one of the following two agencies - information, strategies and access to phone/text/live chat support

ROCK 24 hour Crisis Line at 905-878-9785.    

If you are feeling suicidal, and require immediate attention please call 911